Please email your completed nomination packet in Word or PDF format, preferably compiled into a single document, to TxDLA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject line of: TxDLA HOF. Deadline is March 10, 2021.
The nomination process will be conducted as follows:
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A completed nomination packet is required and shall consist of the following:
- Online Application Form
- letter of nomination - can be submitted online or emailed
- maximum three letters of support - can be submitted online or emailed
- biography of no more than one page - can be submitted online or emailed
- Deadline is March 10, 2021.
These criteria will be used in determining eligibility:
- The Hall of Fame award recognizes individuals, not organizations, institutions or corporations.
- Individuals must be distance learning practitioners or advocates whose careers have been Texas-based or at least a portion of it that merits a Texas Distance Learning Hall of Fame Award.
- Texas must be a major, not necessarily exclusive, beneficiary of their accomplishments.
- It is not necessary that honorees be currently active in distance learning.
- Current residence may be in state or out of state.
- Current or past TxDLA membership is not required.
- Induction into the Hall of Fame may be awarded posthumously.
Qualities and Characteristics of Hall of Fame Honorees
Honorees will be individuals who clearly possess most or all of these attributes:
- a successful distance learning career of practice or advocacy for a substantial duration of time
accomplishments of exceptional noteworthiness and lasting value benefiting large numbers of Texas citizens
- innovators who have pushed the envelope
- pioneers who have paved the way for others
- advanced distance learning as a career field or mode of instructional delivery
- exceptional commitment to distance learning (overall impact)
The HOF Committee will evaluate all nominations according to the criteria stated in these policies and procedures and will recommend inductee(s) to the TxDLA Board. Induction of the recommended nominee(s) into the Hall of Fame is contingent upon the Board's approval by majority vote.
Submit a Nomination
Please use the form below to submit nominations for the Texas Distance Learning Hall of Fame Award.